Reception to Year 6, Ages 3-11, Co-educational
Moreton First, Moreton Hall’s own Preparatory School, offers a first class start to a child's education, taking girls and boys from Transition (age 3) through to Year 6 (age 11). Girls and boys join Moreton First from First Steps Nursery, from other nurseries, or from other schools at any stage during the school year.
Welcome from Catherine Ford,
Head of Moreton First
In these pages I hope that you will gain a flavour of all that we offer at Moreton First, our Prep school for boys and girls aged 3-11.
Being part of Moreton Hall and sharing its vast range of facilities we can ensure that all our pupils have varied and exciting learning experiences. We aim to instil confidence so that each child can investigate every aspect of the curriculum trusting that they will succeed.
We believe that our pupils are the best evidence of our success and so I invite you to visit us and see Moreton First at work. You may find Reception practising phonics, Year 1 singing along to a French folk song or Year 2 in the Art block with clay covered hands enjoying a ceramics lesson. Perhaps Year 3 will be having a swimming coaching session or be in class, engrossed in a guided reading lesson. You may find Year 4 extending their knowledge of languages, having a Mandarin or Latin lesson. Year 5 might be using the ICT suite to research the latest Geography topic, whilst Year 6 may be found in a Science lab about to see what really happens to litmus paper under acidic conditions! However I can guarantee that you will find busy and happy children.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you, to answer any questions and to show you our school.
With best wishes,
Head of Moreton First
Moreton First Offers
- An excellent all-round education, National Curriculum and beyond
- Small class sizes
- Specialist teaching in all subjects including, Maths, English, Science, languages, Sports, Music, Drama
- Superb range of extra-curricular activities at no extra charge
- Professional swimming coaching - no extra charge
- Before and after school care at no extra charge
- Learning support and extension at no extra charge
- Holiday Club and lesson extensions for all school holidays
- Use of all of the senior school facilities
- Day – Boarding – Sleepovers
- Extensive bus routes throughout Shropshire, Cheshire and North Wales.
Find out more