At 11+ and 13+, scholarships are awarded based upon performance in the Entrance Examination;
At 11+, candidates sit papers in Mathematics and English.
At 13+ papers in English, Mathematics, Science, French, Latin and General Studies are normally taken.
Candidates joining pre-GCSE, sit the Durham University CEM Online Assessments.
In addition to sitting the academic entrance/scholarship exam, candidates wishing to apply for Art, Music, Drama or Sport scholarships will be interviewed or tested in their chosen field. They will be asked to show evidence of their ability by portfolio (Art) and audition/interview (Music/Sport/Drama).
Sport, music, art and drama scholarships will be held on a separate date in October/November. Candidates are requested to contact the Admissions Secretary, Ruth Brown, for further details: email@example.com
- 11+, 13+ and 16+ Sports Scholarship Day - 2020 Dates to be announced soon
- 11+, 12+ and 16+ Scholarship Assessments in Music, Art and Drama - 2020 Dates to be announced soon
- 11+ and 12+ Scholarship and Entrance Examinations - Thursday 23rd January 2020
- 13+ Scholarship and Entrance Examinations - Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th January 2020
- 11+ and 13+ Offers Day - Saturday 15th February 2020